Sunday, February 01, 2009

Spring is coming in Correze, France


Spring is coming ........, originally uploaded by Arnac19.

We have daffodils coming up in France! The photographer Arnac19 tells us: They are currently poking through the edge of my rockery bed next to our driveway in Arnac-Pompadour, Correze, France. The garden is still a work in progress, but I was desperate for a bit of cheery spring colour. I planted them in November 2007 and they had their first flowering last spring, but not until March time. They are very early this year, but still have a long way to go until flowering.

I'm sorry I can't tell you what their name is - I just brought a bag of mixed from our local Supermarket when they were on promo, dug a hole, dropped the lot in, and kept my fingers crossed for a colourful display. I was not disappointed.

This photo was taken on January 26, 2009.

No comments: